Take this opportunity to explore your own back yard in Kentucky with me. There is so much to see and do in our beautiful Bluegrass state! Put on your hiking boots, lil' black dress or shorts and t-shirt and come exploring with me!
* Family Friendly *No Pets Photos by Marie Pullen Photography Raven Run is a scenic drive off of old Richmond Road in Lexington, KY. It is easy to access and offers a number of trails to choose from. The park itself is 734 acres and borders the Kentucky River. One of my favorite things about hiking the trails is that they offer unique experiences every time. They, of course, look different from one season to another, but rainfall can offer a different view as well . Even
*Family Friendly *No pets When searching for fun hiking trails close by, consider those tucked away in the Frankfort, Kentucky area. Capitol View Park, aptly named for the view you will enjoy of the state capitol, is an excellent choice . This trail is also designated for mountain biking, so you will need to keep an eye and ear out for fast-moving cyclists. I would rate this walk as relatively mild with fairly level terrain. The park offers 150 acres that providesa scenic vie
* Family Friendly *No Pets Raven Run is a scenic drive off of old Richmond Road in Lexington, KY. It is easy to access and offers a number of trails to choose from. The park itself is 734 acres and borders the Kentucky River. Photo by Marie Pullen Photography One of my favorite things about hiking the trails is that they offer unique experiences every time. They, of course, look different from one season to another, but rainfall can offer a different view as well . Even takin
* Family Friendly In the mood for something a bit different? Invite some friends and head out with the enterprising company known as SUP (Stand Up Board) Kentucky. They offer numerous fascinating options to explore the incredible beauty of the state's natural treasures. A flooded cavern near Natural Bridge provided the setting for my exciting experience paddle boarding. Although I've tried this pastime once before, it was many years ago. Full confession: I was a bit intim
Photographs by Marie Pullen Photography Traveling from Nicholasville to the Jean Farris Winery, I was pleasantly surprised when the navigator treated me to the most amazing back roads. The back roads ran like a river through a canopy of trees and bushes. Being the only driver, at some points, it seemed as if it were all there just for me to explore and enjoy. Getting there was truly half the fun! Once there, a friend and I savored wine flights prior to dinner, the red and the
* Family Friendly The John Holder Trail begins right next to the Hall's on the River restaurant off of Athens Boonesborough Road near Winchester, KY. The trail is usually well suited for children, so you may want to bring the kiddos (8+) along. It is almost 3 miles round trip. This a lovely trail that crosses over the Kentucky River. But note, you will be getting your feet wet. And at that point you will need to be cautious as to the level of the water flow. A swift current c
* Dogs on leashes welcome Photos by Marie Pullen Photography Asbury Trail, winding through Wilmore, Kentucky on Shanty Hill Road is great for hiking enthusiasts. The centerpiece is the Palisades, especially if there's a waterfall! Upon entering I found the best route to take is to the left. There is a fairly steep grade downhill which can get a little slick with recent rainfall. Video of First Falls at Asbury First Falls Photo by Marie Pullen Photography Falls at the Palisad